USF 1/13 7:00 ESPNews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USF 1/13 7:00 ESPNews

Almost a one week layoff before this game. Generally you have to reserve "turrible" for the lowly +300 RPI Non conference opponents but South Florida fills the bill pretty well. They have a 320 RPI and Kenpom of 310. This makes them our worst conference opoonent. Fortunately this is the only time we play them this year becuase of the unbalanced schedule. The SMU team we beat by 20 last night held them to 37 points total in Dallas. Wichita St scored 95 on them last night.

USF only has two guys that average in double figures scoring and their best rebounder only averages 6 a game. We get to visit Brian Gregory again and we'll see former recruiting interest David Collins from Youngstown. Defensively the Bulls frontline is tall with 3 guys over 6-10. Two of them don't start however.

We seem to usually have a bad time in the Sun Dome so I think this will be closer than we think after a week layoff but we still win handily.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The Bulls also are off until Saturday, so that will give Gregory time to game plan to keep the margin within 40. There will be almost no one in the stands, with a portion of the crowd being UC fans who want to soak up some sun.

Cats 93-46.

Comment

Only 10 Division I men’s basketball programs have registered single digit wins in each of the past 3 seasons. Over this time frame USF has the 8th worst winning percentage amongst 351 Division I men’s basketball programs:
      • Central Connecticut 15-74 (.169 winning percentage)
      • Chicago St. 18-78 (.188)
      • Central Arkansas 17-72 (.191)
      • Florida A&M 17-71 (.193)
      • Maine 18-74 (.196)
      • Mississippi Valley St. 21-78 (.212)
      • Marist 22-72 (.234)
      • USF 24-71 (.253)

Comment

Ha, Let this sink in for a second. Depaul, who was perenially bad when we were in the Big East , is not on that list.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Through eleven home dates this season, the Bulls are averaging 2,308 fans per game. The women's team are outdrawing them at 3,062.

Comment

Sounds like UC will be staying in Florida after the USF game through the game against UCF on Tuesday.

Comment

The first half had to have been the ugliest all season. The offense just was not there in the first half and there were a few defensive let downs. Fortunately, the defense came through late in the first half and continued into the second half. I would like to know what Cronin said at halftime.

Comment

Good effort over all. David Collins looked pretty good for USF, as I recall we recruited him and were on his final list.

Comment

Great game overall. In the first half their defense was pretty stout, but the offensive was struggling to get going. Good to see them handle the pressure of being 10 pts down. Didn't phase them. Eventually the offense clicked and the Bulls could no longer sustain their offensive pressure. Great game by Cumberland.

Comment

Frustrating first (15) minutes of the game , then the Bearcats slowly turned it on..... (5) Minutes into the second half and the game was decided... Cumberland had his best game of the year... I've been critical of him all year..... Washington , Evans , Clark, & Jenifer were exceptional from the foul line..... UCF is going to be a more difficult game, especially in the paint.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X