Coppin St. 11/16 7:00 ESPN3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coppin St. 11/16 7:00 ESPN3

Coppin State is 0-2 with thumpings from Oregon and East Carolina. I feel sorry for small school teams like this. They open the season with 9 road games, most of them buy games. They are currently 344/351 in the Kenpom ratings. Based on their play against the two previous teams, It looks like they can defend a little better than SSU and WCU. For reference SSU is 327 in Kenpom. Based on the stats below, these guys can't shoot the ball or have been extremely overmatched by their opponents defense or both.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...tats/_/id/2154

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I wish we could play someone really good before Xavier. I don't like the idea of our first really tough game being them at their place. I guess the competition will get a little tougher with the Cayman Classic with maybe Iowa being a good game? They are missing Nicholas Baer who was the Big Ten's sixth man of the year winner and led the teams in steals and blocks so I don't know how much that will hurt.

Comment

I hope this group doesn't need a loss to get their heads right. Spotlights and easy wins tend to cause cranium expansion.

Comment

I think the UAB/Richmond game might be our best shot in the Caymans. There's no guarantee that Iowa will make it through even though they should on paper.

I always wonder about these island tournaments and our level of focus. Hard to stick to hoops when you have white sand beaches and clear water out there to play around in. Hopefully we don't have a letdown moment during that trip.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And, stay out of Louis Vuitton!

Comment

Evans injured in game and doesn't return. Any update?
            Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

"Something with his hip" is what Mick Cronin said.
              Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Ft Shooting was terrible, shot 58.3%, need to work on this before big games.

Comment

Any update on Evans? I am hoping it is trivial what happened...but to just go down like that...

Comment

I haven't heard an update yet and we may not get one due to privacy issues. I thought it was a hamstring when he went down. If Mick is satying it's a hip, that strikes me as more serious. If he's injured long term I think we'll be ok without him to be honest. Might have to go to a 3 guard lineup for a while. I'm thinking Cumberland and Keith WIlliams on the foor together with one of the PGs. Or you can play Broome off the ball and move Cumberland to the 3. Either way I doubt the offense will suffer much if Evans is out.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

saw an article from Tom Groeschen this AM that said "Evans (hip) was dinged up but should be OK, Cronin said afterward."

sometimes it's hard to distinguish coach-speak from legit info, but given the little publicity its getting, i'm hoping the injury really is nothing...

Comment

In his postgame comments last night, Mick mentioned that this is not a new injury. Evans has been dealing with it for a while.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X