OT UL to vacate NCAA Championship?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT UL to vacate NCAA Championship?

It looks as if it may finally be catching up with Ricky. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ons/400348001/

Wow, vacating the National Championship and Final Four are pretty huge penalties. I doubt the appeal will be successful. I do like that the NCAA is making the penalties retroactive instead of punishing kids who are there today. Coach Ricky should've received a longer suspension, possibly a year away from the program. The goal is to punish the guilty (and yes the coach is guilty for not having institutional control) by taking away achievements garnered from the improper recruiting/player benefits, and also to prevent it from happening again.

Question - when something like vacating 108 wins happens - does that take away from the coach's career record too?
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Question - when something like vacating 108 wins happens - does that take away from the coach's career record too?

Yes it does. And he won't get credit for any wins while he's suspended.

I found it interesting that the NCAA report doesn't name the players involved. I'm assuming this is for student privacy reasons. I for one would really like to know if Chane Behanan was one of the recruits involved. That directly affected UC. Also seems like there's going to be a criminal case here since the players were minors at the time all this happened.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So I guess there was no champion that year. I wonder if the ACC would like a doever now? No, ACC doesn't care about this kind of thing, even when UNC has to vacate another NCAA title.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Yes it does. And he won't get credit for any wins while he's suspended.

I found it interesting that the NCAA report doesn't name the players involved. I'm assuming this is for student privacy reasons. I for one would really like to know if Chane Behanan was one of the recruits involved. That directly affected UC. Also seems like there's going to be a criminal case here since the players were minors at the time all this happened.
          From what i've seen on a few boards, Behanan was one of the 3 active players involved in the story, and wasn't one of the recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

From what i've seen on a few boards, Behanan was one of the 3 active players involved in the story, and wasn't one of the recruits.
            Looking back, I'm really glad Behanan didn't come here.

Comment

Here's an idea - how about the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame waits until coaches careers are over before inducting them into their membership. I'm sick of listening to active coaches being referred to as "Hall of Fame coach" on telecasts when they're either cheating, committing some scummy act, or both. Just wait. Please.

Comment

I AGREE 100% !!! Its an absurd concept. Its the only H of F that does that to my knowledge and doesn't take character issues into consideration. Look at how many guys in other sports are not in their Halls because of various other issues like drugs, gambling, or domestic violence issues. Scummy Petino has a wake of crap behind him and he's "revered" as a H of F coach? Its BS. Boeheim the same way. Calipari???

Comment

i may be crazy, but punishments like taking away wins and championships is so hollow and still leaves incentive to cheat. yea, it sucks they can't hang a banner in the arena and pitino's record won't look as good, but UoL still got all the money, press, and a related recruiting bump because of the experience. the players still got the experience of playing in and winning a national championship game. something another scholl should rightfully own.

and put this in perspective, a school knowing hired hookers and the leaders are still in place. only the head coach can't coach five games.

check out this article to help elaborate my opinions (not exactly the same, but not exactly different either): http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ng-a-cfb-coach

Comment

Vacating wins and championships is silly...the players on the court/field know who won, and outside of history purists, no one really cares

My $0.02...while there may not be a perfect solution, the most likely penalty to curve future behavior is to penalize those in authority (lasting suspensions for coach/AD/Board) and to fine $$$'s commiserate with the amount earned during the transgressions.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X