Tulsa 2/18 12:00ET ESPN8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa 2/18 12:00ET ESPN8

Noon starts how I loathe thee. Tulsa comes to town this weekend. Currently 12-13 and 7th place in the AAC. Junior Etou is the guy to stop still. I think if we can contain him it might be an easy one. If he goes off it'll be close. Tulsa is on a 5 game losing streak.

Stats: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...lden-hurricane
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Tulsa is on a 5 game losing streak.
    When we played them they did not seem that bad. That is a tough 5 game stretch for them though, UC, SMU, @Memphis, Houston, @UCF. Hopefully UC can be rested for the game Saturday.
    Josh Rexhausen
    CE'99

Comment

GoBearcats has announced a sellout for this game.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tulsa is staying at the Westin Hotel on the 7th floor. 2/3 of the team crammed in on one elevator.
        Josh Rexhausen
        CE'99

Comment

The last Tulsa game is where I started worrying about the rest of the season. I don't mean in a "the sky is falling and we stink" sort of way. Rather, prior to that, we were scoring at about an 80 point clip. Then, we got to that game and what should have been an easy romp, and all of the sudden, it seemed like Tulsa had found a chink in our armor. I told a friend after that game that we might be in a bit of trouble moving forward as future teams were going to study the heck out of that tape to see if they could replicate Tulsa's success. Sure enough, now we can't get out of the 60's. Hopefully, Cronin is able to do some mid-course correction or the rest of the season might be sluggish and cumbersome.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
            The last Tulsa game is where I started worrying about the rest of the season. I don't mean in a "the sky is falling and we stink" sort of way. Rather, prior to that, we were scoring at about an 80 point clip. Then, we got to that game and what should have been an easy romp, and all of the sudden, it seemed like Tulsa had found a chink in our armor. I told a friend after that game that we might be in a bit of trouble moving forward as future teams were going to study the heck out of that tape to see if they could replicate Tulsa's success. Sure enough, now we can't get out of the 60's. Hopefully, Cronin is able to do some mid-course correction or the rest of the season might be sluggish and cumbersome.

The very next game, the Cats hung 82 on UConn. Of the other three games, one was at SMU, who extended their sub-70 defensive streak to 19 that day. The other two, UCF and USF were just weak shooting games. I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Too often, fans view lesser shooting performances as bad performances overall. That's not necessarily the case.

Comment

Just wanted to point that the game is not on ESPN "The Ocho" It's on ESPNU. Can't believe no one spotted that.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just can't remember a UC team giving up so many wide open 3's as they have this year.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

The very next game, the Cats hung 82 on UConn. Of the other three games, one was at SMU, who extended their sub-70 defensive streak to 19 that day. The other two, UCF and USF were just weak shooting games. I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Too often, fans view lesser shooting performances as bad performances overall. That's not necessarily the case.
                  This is a good point. I am not worried or down on the team. I just wondered if something may have been found against us. The SMU game seemed like SMU had six guys on the court the whole time. Their defense that day was so quick.

Comment

Tulsa's really back-sliding, but a pretty good game for the Cats, especially without Cumberland (curfew violation). A key for this team in the tourney will be to hold onto big leads and not let the opponent go on big runs - but limit them like they did today, otherwise they are going to get bumped early. Another issue is their perimeter defense, and lack of creation from the guards (including passing). The Cats really lack a dynamic PG who can create and defend. Just a lot of one-on-one guys who can take it to the rim.

I thought this was Cronin's best team, but I'm not so sure now, this team would probably be a middling Big East team at best possibly.

Any ways, if they play like they did today, a Sweet 16 appearance isn't an unreasonable goal.

Comment

Sweet 16? I want way more than that!

Is Cumberland only out one game?
                      Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

As far as I know Cumberland will only miss today.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post

I thought this was Cronin's best team, but I'm not so sure now, this team would probably be a middling Big East team at best possibly.
                          I don't agree with the Big East middling thought. I believe we are much better than that. We have depth, an inside game, an outside game, and a variety of guys that can have a big night on any given night. I think a Sweet 16 run is very achievable.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X