Lose to the Eventual Champs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose to the Eventual Champs

We're the only team who could lose to the eventual champs 2 years in a row. I wonder how often that has happened, if ever?

I thought Eggzavier did it 2-3x in a row

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
    We're the only team who could lose to the eventual champs 2 years in a row. I wonder how often that has happened, if ever?
    It was in the Pete Gillen years I believe.

I think I'd like OSU to lose tho.

Comment

I really hope UC did not lose to the eventual champs this year. You never like losing, but you can take some small solace from the fact that you lost to the national champion. I just don't want that to be tO$U, that's all.

Comment

Not sure about this, but I think we may be the only team to lose in overtime to the eventual national champion three times.

1963 to Loyola
        1966 to Texas Western (Now UTEP)
        1993 to North Carolina

If only.............

Comment

Still would prefer OSU winning it all than UK. Don't think I could handle that

Comment

I'm barely into the tourney once UC loses

Originally posted by PK2 View Post
            Still would prefer OSU winning it all than UK. Don't think I could handle that
            I can stand it a little more this yr with the S-16, still enjoy reading about the Cats more than watching a full E-8 or FF game. I can watch parts, usually not the whole game.

Comment

Good info Long timer!!

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              Not sure about this, but I think we may be the only team to lose in overtime to the eventual national champion three times.

1963 to Loyola
              1966 to Texas Western (Now UTEP)
              1993 to North Carolina
              If only Huggs would have called TO when NC went on that late run to catch up. He was saving it, I can understand his reasoning, but... Sooooooooooo close to 2 FF's in a row. Wow imagine recruiting. Still think about that game sometimes. Sounds like Longtimer thinks about 3 of them. Some u just don't forget. Loyola was in the the NC game, what about Tex We? Was that in the Final 8?? Back then the tourney was how many teams??

Comment

Originally posted by ZCat View Post
                If only Huggs would have called TO when NC went on that late run to catch up. He was saving it, I can understand his reasoning, but... Sooooooooooo close to 2 FF's in a row. Wow imagine recruiting. Still think about that game sometimes. Sounds like Longtimer thinks about 3 of them. Some u just don't forget. Loyola was in the the NC game, what about Tex We? Was that in the Final 8?? Back then the tourney was how many teams??
                22 teams. UC had a bye and lost it's first game in the "sweet" 16. Then lost the regional 3rd place game to SMU.

UCLA didn't make the tourney but started a long run the next year beating Dayton to win the championship.

Comment

It was in the Pete Gillen years I believe.

I think I'd like OSU to lose tho.
                  1988 and 1989

Comment

I'm pretty sure that 22 teams made the tourney that year. The top ten got byes into the sweet sixteen, and there were six playin games to get to sixteen. The Texas Western game was our first game of the tourny. The Midwest regional was in Lubbock, TX that year, and TW had a huge homecourt advantage. Hard to believe now, but there was no TV for that game, I Iistened on the radio. Also, our final regular season game against Wichata State was one of the great games ever in the Armory Fieldhouse, winner was MVC champ, celebration after......

Comment

I'm pretty sure that 22 teams made the tourney that year. The top ten got byes into the sweet sixteen, and there were six playin games to get to sixteen. The Texas Western game was our first game of the tourny. The Midwest regional was in Lubbock, TX that year, and TW had a huge homecourt advantage. Hard to believe now, but there was no TV for that game, I Iistened on the radio. Also, our final regular season game against Wichata State was one of the great games ever in the Armory Fieldhouse, winner was MVC champ, celebration after......

Comment

Please God no.

Ohio State fans are insufferable DBs on good days. The minute any of their programs do anything interesting it gets 100 times worse.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by #41 View Post
                          Please God no.

Ohio State fans are insufferable DBs on good days. The minute any of their programs do anything interesting it gets 100 times worse.
                          Have you ever tried to talk to a UK fan?

I would really enjoy UofL() vs Kansas in the final game though.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

I think it may have happened in 61 and 62...

Comment

What about Butler the last couple of years?
                              In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                              Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X