Dekeyvan Tandy 2019 KY SG 6'2 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    We had a shot at Lofton and If I remember correctly Huggins thought he was too unathletic to play in his defense.

I remember hearing he was a fan of Cincinnati, and would have went here if offered.....not a bad career at all at Tennessee

Comment

If you're speaking of Lofton, my recollection (that's scary) is that we wanted him and did offer but didn't get him.

Comment

Yes, he was a late signee if my memory is correct. I believe the issue was we wanted him to redshirt a year, and he wanted to play right away. He was a guy a lot of programs passed on as he was not particularly big or athletic(hence no nba). It just didn't work out. It happens.

Comment

Didn't Huggins go all in on Jamar Butler instead of Lofton? And once Butler decided to go to OSU, it was too late to get Lofton back on board? Perhaps I'm misremembering.

Comment

Originally posted by levydl View Post
            Didn't Huggins go all in on Jamar Butler instead of Lofton? And once Butler decided to go to OSU, it was too late to get Lofton back on board? Perhaps I'm misremembering.
            You might be right. It's been a while.

Also, Welcome back. LTNS
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So Tandy now has 4/4 Xavier Crystal Ball Picks ... ???

Comment

I understand we quit recruiting him a while back, but I really don't know why.

Comment

Tandy's father is making waves with coaches and hurting his recruiting process. UK stopped recruiting him for the same reason. His father is the over involved type and wants to run the show. Not quite at Lavar Ball level but enough that people are turned off by it. That kinda of thing doesn't work here and we don't need another Jermaine Lawrence situation on our hands. It's a really a shame because the kid is good and I'd love to have him but not if his dad is going to blow up the program's chemistry. It's not worth it.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks. I thought it might be that.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X