Rashawn Fredericks JUCO FL SF 6'6 commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashawn Fredericks JUCO FL SF 6'6 commit

After much specualation we finally offered Rashawn yesterday, He's from Tampa via the USVI. Currently playing at Motlow St. JC. He was originally committed to North Texas for next year and decommitted in October. Immediately eligible as a JC transfer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBiuwB9zeE
    Last edited by Lobot; 04-21-2018, 08:24 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I've heard a lot of good things about this kid. Someone told me he's as good a rebounder from the 3 as he's seen in quite a while. Very high motor guy.

Comment

Per jucorecruiting.com

Rashawn Fredericks (6'6, Wing, 2018) of Motlow St has Official Visit set for the next few weekends

South Florida
      UAB
      Cincinnati

Comment

Fredericks has several offers, but almost all from mid-majors. One P5 school, MS, but that comes with an asterisk, as Kermit Davis was already recruiting him for MTSU.

He shot 46.7% (32.7% from outside) and a very good 78.7% from the line. In 23 mpg, Frederick averaged 17.7 and 10.3.

Comment

We need SHOOTERS to compliment our athletes. Don't recruit any more freakin projects that we hope will somehow learn to shoot?? Maybe its our shooting evaluation that is lacking? Best shooter Mick ever recruited... Moore??? REALLY! Are you kiddin me? Did he forget how to shoot once he got to UC? Our 1/2 court offense or lack thereof) remains our Achilles heal. Move the ball, find the open guy and knock down some shots, especially at crunch time. That pproach requires multiple shooters on the floor at the same time. You only need to rely on athletes and creating your own shot if you are gonna go spread offense and let 1 guy monopolize the ball and clock and force up a late shot, which I watched us do way too often this year. We need multiple scoring options and right now we don't have many for next year. We will continue to struggle to score against any decent team until our philosophy changes.

Comment

I like Fredericks, a kid who can get to the hole. Reminds me a little of Reuben Patterson. I'm suprised as i thought we were not in his final 4. He's got some game.

Comment

It looks like the rule changes tried out in the NIT this year will be in place for the 19-20 season. It is almost certain that the 3 point line will be moved back and the lane will widened. Will that mean more of an advantage for slashers who can operate inside and get to the rim? Will that lessen the value of jump shooters who hang out around the current 3 point line? My guess is you will see more inside scoring and less jump shooting, but I could be wrong. It will be interesting to see how offense and defense are altered. I think Fredericks is a guy with greater value in that type of game.

Comment

That would be great. The 3 point shot of today is by far too much of the action

Comment

Currently here visiting per 247
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So I take it he didn't commit on his visit. Any feedback on how things went and if we are still in contention? I think I read he had another visit scheduled and planned to announce next week?

Comment

He was slated to visit UC, USF and UAB on consecutive weekends but I don't know what order that was in. He was at USF last weekend so unless we were last in the rotation he still has UAB to visit.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

FWIW off Uab Blazer board:

RE: Rashawn Fredericks Think he cancelled visit and we are out of it.

Playing time is all we got, nothing else attractive going for us at the moment. Even if we’ve already got a good class coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                          We need SHOOTERS to compliment our athletes. Don't recruit any more freakin projects that we hope will somehow learn to shoot?? Maybe its our shooting evaluation that is lacking? Best shooter Mick ever recruited... Moore??? REALLY! Are you kiddin me? Did he forget how to shoot once he got to UC? Our 1/2 court offense or lack thereof) remains our Achilles heal. Move the ball, find the open guy and knock down some shots, especially at crunch time. That pproach requires multiple shooters on the floor at the same time. You only need to rely on athletes and creating your own shot if you are gonna go spread offense and let 1 guy monopolize the ball and clock and force up a late shot, which I watched us do way too often this year. We need multiple scoring options and right now we don't have many for next year. We will continue to struggle to score against any decent team until our philosophy changes.

Appears, either UC or USF..... And for get about needing a Shooter / Scorer.... Looks like another Juco Transfer destined to average 6-8pts a Game.... NOT what we need with Washington, Clark , & possibly Evans leaving the Program....

Comment

I've seen him play. He'd be a great fit with Cumberland. Both guys who like to attack and get down the floor. With what is out there, he would have been my first choice. There are not a lot of choices as far as scorers go out there who are going to put up big numbers on a decent team moving up in competition. This kid can play, and is versatile. Not a top level perimeter shooter, but he can get to the basket and rebound.

Comment

Coach, just to clarify, are you saying he cancelled the UAB visit or our visit?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X