Transfers 2017-2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers 2017-2018

The first of what I suppose will be many, Elijah Brown will transfer from New Mexico as a graduate and be eligible next year. Guard averaged 18.8 ppg. I think Mick would be interested in adding a grad transfer if the right one is available.

Not transfers but not a surprise. Indiana needs to act fast on a new coach hire.

@BSnowScout 4m4 minutes ago So Indiana now has had two of their commitments ask out of their LOI, Al Durham and Clifton Moore....

Comment

Blake Harris ,who we recruited very early in the process, has been granted his release from Washington after Lorenzo Romar was fired. He was an incoming freshman, can sign anywhere and would be immediately eligible.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Blake Harris ,who we recruited very early in the process, has been granted his release from Washington after Lorenzo Romar was fired. He was an incoming freshman, can sign anywhere and would be immediately eligible.
        In college basketball you can never have too many quality guards. He's a true point guard and I believe was also recruited pretty hard by NC State whereMark Gottfried was fired. Definitely a big time get.

Comment

Maybe we can go after Blake and Porter, reach for the stars and settle for the moon. I'd be happy if Mick had to make some decisions about which scholarships to renew and who might be better suited to blossom in a different scenario.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Maybe we can go after Blake and Porter, reach for the stars and settle for the moon. I'd be happy if Mick had to make some decisions about which scholarships to renew and who might be better suited to blossom in a different scenario.
            Missouri already hired Porter's dad, surprise if he doesn't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I'd be really surprised if we ran people off for just because of recruiting numbers. That's not a reputation you want as a coach. I'd be more inclined to think that a player might leave on their own because of lack of minutes or discipline issues. ("mutual decision").
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'd be really surprised if we ran people off for just because of recruiting numbers. That's not a reputation you want as a coach. I'd be more inclined to think that a player might leave on their own because of lack of minutes or discipline issues. ("mutual decision").

I agree. I don't see Mick running someone off in order to make room for a recruit. Mick is pretty loyal to the kids he recruits. However, I think that practice has slowly become acceptable at some places (i.e. there's no way that all of these hundreds of transfers every year are only because kids are looking for minutes and/or discipline issues. Some coaches unfortunately will recruit over a kid on their roster, and then push somebody out the door to make room for them. Sad but true

Comment

Mamadou Diarra has asked for his release from Washington. We were one of the first schools in on him. 6'9 forward.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Several schools will be in to watch Blake Harris today. Not sure if they're one of them since Cronin will in FL.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Mamadou Diarra has asked for his release from Washington. We were one of the first schools in on him. 6'9 forward.
                      Wanted to clear something up here. There are two players named Mamadou Diarra out there. This is the 2017 recruit who committed to Washington from 22FT Academy. The other one was a 2016 recruit from Putnam Science that plays for UConn and sat out the season with an injury.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Several schools will be in to watch Blake Harris today. Not sure if they're one of them since Cronin will in FL.
                        Harris considering 4 schools, not UC.
                        http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/03/28/f...-four-schools/

Comment

@coreyevans_10
                          Rice transfer Marcus Evans has heard from VCU, NC State, Kansas, St Johns, Cincinnati, A&M, VT, Creighton, Texas Tech, Baylor, FSU & Miami

Comment

@jeffborzello
                            Former Oklahoma State commit Amauri Hardy has heard from Washington, UNLV, Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Seton Hall, Arkansas. Four-star guard.

Comment

Per Zagoria:
                              6-2 G Mikey Dixon has also received his release from Quinnipiac.
                              Cincy, Nevada, GW, La Salle have reached out so far.

https://twitter.com/adamzagoria/stat...33867036622848

https://youtu.be/KPlXnnCAXpQ

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X